The boat was built in 1959 by Cantiere Ottonello of Varazze for Ing Paolo Ragazzi of Fiat, who had expressed his intention to go round the World in her. In the event he never made his World tour but made very good use of the yacht mainly in the Mediterranean. In the late 60s Sr Ragazzi sold to Guglielmo Coppola, owner of FIAM a leading Italian elevator factory, who was to keep SANTA CLAUS at Santa Margherita Ligure enjoying her also with his sons for about ten years. By 1976 Coppola the father had given up sailing and the sons by then were more interested in faster craft so that they decided to sell her to Maurizio Adreani. Delighted that he had the chance of buying “this wonderful and reliable boat in spring of 1976” he enjoyed sailing SANTA CLAUS with his family and friends in the Mediterranean for about 20 years from.